Just wanted to let everyone know about a great local quilt show that’s coming up!
Quilts in the Mill is put on by my guild, the Courthouse Quilters (www.Courthousequilters.com), every other year at the Prallsville Mills on Rt 29 in Stockton, NJ. Stockton is a beautiful little town nestled on the Delaware River in historic Hunterdon County, NJ.
The show is open Friday- Sunday, October 1-3 from 10:00 to 5:00 each day. Tickets are $7.00. A portion of the proceeds goes to benefit the Mills. This year’s show is housed in both the main mill and the SawMill. Be sure to visit both buildings!
What you can expect:
- Of course there will be plenty of beautiful quilts on display. They are all made by our very talented and diverse membership.
- Vendors! What’s a quilt show without great vendors! We have 12 of them!
- “Chinese Fireworks” Raffle quilt. Our raffle quilt this year is adapted (with permission) from “Chinese New Year,” a pattern by Heather Purcell and Annie Unrein. Bright batik fireworks burst from a black background! Amazing firework quilting by Diana Leslie. The quilt is 83″ x 98.” Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5.
- 52 Minis at the Mill are also available for raffle!
- Quilting Demos every day.
- Quilters Boutique where you you’re sure to find something to bring home!
- Lots of Door Prizes!
- The “Bra Brigade” Member decorated bras on display and available as a calendar for purchase ($10). All proceeds from the calendars to benefit Hunterdon Healthcare Cancer Center.
- ConKerr Cancer Pillowcase collection point, demos, and work area.
- Storybook Quilts: A collection of travelling quilts (to local schools and libraries) and the children’s books that inspired them.
- Friday only: George Siciliano on hand to demo his paper-pieced miniature quilts.
- Saturday and Sunday: Author, Dalen Keys, on hand to sell and sign his children’s book, Just a Quilt?
- Food by Dish Caterers
That ought to keep you busy for the day! Make it a fall getaway weekend and enjoy the beauty of the area on both sides of the river! New Hope, PA, and Lambertville and Frenchtown NJ are just minutes away!
Questions? Just ask!
See you there!